Spanish Wonder End Barcelona
Savor shared moments with locals enjoying sangria in sun-dappled courtyards, zesty paella and the sounds of the Spanish guitar. On this journey, you’ll explore the wonders of Spain, from the ornate walls of the Alhambra to the Gothic Cathedral and Giralda Bell Tower in Seville.
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- Seville: Enjoy a traditional Andalusian Be My Guest dinner and the charming company of the Morillo family. A welcome drink of sangria in their sun-dappled courtyard before learning how they produce olive oil.
- Toledo: The invincible swords of Toledo have defended cities for centuries. Visit an inlaid steel factory in Toledo to see local craftsmen forging the highest quality steel.
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, traveling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Specialist and visit the Church of Santo Tomé to see an El Greco masterpiece.
- Córdoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Specialist. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Córdoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Seville: Guided by your Local Specialist, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral's belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. Explore with a Local Specialist keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Guadix: See the cave homes that embellish the hills around Guadix.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Center of Arts and Sciences and the historic bullring of Valencia during an orientation drive with your Travel Director.
- Peñíscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Barcelona: With your Local Specialist, see Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Grcia to take in some of the city's finest Modernist architecture. Journey past the beautiful façades of the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerizing Sagrada Família.
- Valencia: Taste authentic Valencian street food from a local Horchata vendor. This rich and flavourful nut-based drink loved by many is produced here using only locally sourced and natural ingredients, and respecting traditional methods of production. This experience advances UN Global Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. Alongside the local and organic production, they have been bringing the vibrant tradition of Horchata back to its glory days, giving employment opportunities to people at risk of social exclusion. They have also built over 10 street carts from recycling materials, all working on solar energy and ice.
- : Explore Toledo, Madrid, Córdoba, Seville and Barcelona with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Valencia and Peniscola
- : Visit an inlaid steel factory, the Synagogue and Santo Tomé in Toledo, Mosque of the Caliphs in Córdoba?, the Cathedral in Seville, the Alhambra Palace in Granada
- : View the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain in Madrid, the Cave Homes of Guadix, the Serrano and Quart Towers and the City of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia and La Sagrada Família in Barcelona
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...