Thailand and the Temples of Angkor
The heritage of two ancient kingdoms is traced along this pilgrimage through Thailand and Cambodia. Visit the spiritual center of Sukhothai and explore the ruins of Angkor Wat.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 12 Breakfast (B)
- 7 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Chiang Mai: Join the Saiwangjit family who live in a wooden Thai stilt house for a traditional northern Thai-style meal.
- Bangkok: Visit Lumpini Park in Bangkok and join the locals in their daily T'ai Chi practice.
- Bangkok: Enjoy a traditional Thai massage in the grounds of Wat Pho, a center for traditional Thai massage.
- Bangkok: Learn the secrets of Thai cooking and visit a local market to buy fresh ingredients.
- : Stop at a coconut palm sugar plantation and discover how the farmer extracts the sap from the palm trees to be turned into sugar.
- Siem Reap: At Peak Sneng Village observe the locals weaving hats from palm leaves or folding Lotus flowers into delicate works of art.
- Bangkok: Begin your city tour by visiting Bangkok's Grand Palace, home to the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew. Continue your exploration of the city and its renowned landmarks.
- Bangkok: Embark on an Express River Cruise on the Chao Praya River and admire the beautiful Temple of the Dawn along the way.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: Visit the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak and paddle along the canals laden with fresh produce to sell.
- Kanchanaburi: Discover the "Death Railway" when you visit Hellfire Pass and learn about the horrible conditions of which the prisoners of WWII had to endure when building this landmark.
- Kanchanaburi: Bask in the views of the Kwai River as you make your way across wooden viaducts on your scenic train ride.
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya: Delve into the rich trading history of the UNESCO-listed Ayutthaya as you embark on your city tour.
- Sukhothai: Visit Sukhothai Historical Park and choose to explore the park by bicycle or tram tour.
- Sukhothai: Spend some time with a local family and learn the art of amulet making and how these jewels protect the owner from harm.
- Chiang Mai: Spend the evening enjoying a walk through the vibrant Sunday market of Chiang Mai with your Travel Director.
- Chiang Mai: See the vibrant paper umbrellas that are famously crafted in the San Kamphaeng District.
- Wat Suan Dok: Visit Wat Suan Dok Temple, marvel at the golden details and meet a local monk.
- Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep: Visit Wat Doi Suthep, which is one of Thailand's most sacred temples and listen closely for the chanting of the monks.
- Angkor Wat: Join your Local Specialist and immerse yourself in the stories of the celestial nymphs and mystical serpents.
- Angkor Wat: Discover the Banteay Srei Temple, also known as the "Citadel of Women" where you can admire delicate 10th-century carvings.
- Wat Damnak: Experience a private blessing with a Monk where a sacred thread is tied around your wrists to protect you against evil spirits.
- Angkor Thom: Enjoy a visit to Angor Thom and admire the iconic sites of the Terrace of Elephants, the Royal Enclosure and the Temple of Bayon.
- Natonchan: On a visit to Natonchan we interact with the locals and meet one of the villagers to learn about traditional crafts such as gymnastic doll making and creating textiles in an array of patterns which are then soaked in mud to protect them from fading.
- Siem Reap: Visit Artisans d'Angkor, where our visit contributes to creating job opportunities for disadvantaged rural youths and at Peak Sneng village, meeting local villagers and discovering some traditional Cambodian crafts.
- : Explore Bangkok and Chiang Mai
- : Visit the Grand Palace, the temples of Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho in Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak floating market, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, Sukhothai Heritage, Siem Reap Old Town, the temples of Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei, Wat Damnak, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Peak Sneng Village Park
- : Flight from Bangkok to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- Flight from Bangkok to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- Religious and Spiritual
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|Welcome to Bangkok
|See the Sights of Bangkok Dive Into Culture
|Thai Cuisine and Cooking Experience Dive Into Culture
|Onwards to Damnoen Saduak and Kanchanaburi Dive Into Culture
|Railways and Rivers in Kanchanaburi
|On to Ancient Ayutthaya and Sukhothai
|Continue to Chiang Mai Make Travel Matter Stays With Stories
|Meet the Locals of Northern Thailand Connect with Locals
|A Day to Discover Chiang Mai
|Continue to Cambodia
|Amazing Angkor Wat
|Temples of Angkor
|Visit Peak Sneng Village